KnitChix

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ravelry Revelry

So I disappeared.

Forever.

My best friend - who the doctors were not sure could ever conceive - became pregnant. I immediately began a blanket, booties, pjs... all filled with love and diligently worked on every night. Then she lost the baby - hopelessly unviable. I can't even find the projects I began. I think I may have thrown them out.

Then my co-supervisor quit. With his big event of the year undone. I had to do it with no training, no notice and my own event only 30 days before.

Then my laptop began giving me a Raid Smart Drive Failure Imminent message. It took me forever to find someone to properly clone the hard drive and keep my software and files in tact.

And once I did get everything on track again, my purse was stolen. I spent two months fighting identify theft and fraud charges.

As I look back... god am I happy the last 12 months are over.

So as things finally calm down, I received my invite for Ravelry. Which is a distraction all on its own. But a good one. I spent several hours on my (happily revived!) laptop, logging in my stash, my projects, my queue, my books... well the first several hours of what I suspect will be several several hours.

As a side note, I have WAY too much yarn. I have yarn I have no interest in ever using. I have yarn I can't remember buying. I have yarn in quantities sufficient for NOTHING. Why do I need 62 yards of black & white tape yarn? Was I thinking of a formal thong? And the sock yarn! I have yet to finish A SOCK. But for some reason, I bought twenty-eleven skeins of sock yarn. Good lord. I definitely will need to do some stash busting once I finish moving my whole knitting life into Ravelry.

To report:
  1. I just finished two hats for my Stanford-bound niece. I couldn't take pictures (thanks to the abovementioned purse theft, but they look like, well, ... hats.)
  2. I am almost done with Tempting. I am putting the ribbon loops in now.
  3. I have created a pattern for a blanket/throw with the SDSU logo in it for my freshman daughter. The yarn is here, the charting complete and I am just refusing to allow myself to start until Tempting is done.
  4. I have another coworker who I adore who is pregnant. For the second time this year. Having already lost one baby, she is understandably nervous about losing this one. (I am terrified to begin to make anything. On some superstitious level, I am afraid my baby knitting is cursed. Which I know is silly. But I can't shake it. I can't make myself cast on for anything tiny or charming or adorable.)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://aluejxfttk.com]yUWECBoGJiVQ[/url] , hSIRFuxieRPvvD - http://iluubcb.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home