KnitChix

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fall Season, Part II

More from the front lines of the Fall Season

The Biggest Loser
I just love this show. Jillian is THE MAN, and I'm so glad she's back. I think I have a massive girl crush on her. Kim is like a bad therapist and Bob's like my mom. The masochist in me digs it when Jillian barks at the competitors to MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT. Go black team!

Reaper
A pleasant surprise. It was cute, charming, funny. Of course the pilot was directed by my hero Kevin Smith, so it was probably hard to miss. (Then again - Jersey Girl?) Sam & friends are slackers straight out of the Smith handbook, cleaned up for network TV. Missy Peregrim is acceptable as the object of Sam's affection, but not very fleshed out.

Boston Legal
Breaks my heart. This show was great. The quirky law firm show might be overdone, but this was a strong entry in the genre. Fresh, different, and bouyed by the unmistakable talent of Candice Bergen, William Shatner and James Spader. Last season came and went, moved, lost you with some weak storylines, and the season premiere does nothing to recapture me. Spader is sparring with - oh shocker - yet another woman. Denny's libido is still problematic. The cross dresser is still cross dressing. The jumpy guy is still jumpy. If it hasn't officially jumped the shark yet, it's only because the damn thing put the shart to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home