KnitChix

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I am a Sexy Knitting Editor

Check it, my knitting sistahs: You are looking at the new Executive Editor of the soon-to-be awesomely debuted Sexy Knitters Club newsletter. (Don't I sound official?) I am so... super excited. We've already had several volunteers offer to help with the newsletter, and Jeanie and I seem to be gelling on the same page pretty easily, so I can't wait to sink my teeth in to this project.

It's coming at a good time. Thanks to the magic of Ravelry, I'm realizing 1) that I miss my crafy side that has lain dormant in favor of work and 2) that I am a sexy knitter at heart. Everything in my queue has that zha-zha-zhoo to it. I've also discovered that I am a big Mari Lynn Patrick fan. Five of my (eeek) 28 queued projects were her designs. When I Googled her, I was surprised to find some fairly negative comments coming up, but you know - whatever! - I think sexy is doing what you feel good in, not what others judge to be right.

If you're an SKC fan - or would like to be - be sure to sign up for the newsletter.

The new KALs (starting 10/15) are both from Zephyr Girls - Tree Jacket and Juliet. Be sure to visit SKC for ideas on mods, yarn suggestions and photos of sexy knitters (already completed!) sweaters! I'll be posting newsletter updates and requests for submissions on the SKC blog.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Knittymuggins said…

    Congratulations on the new fantastic job!! I'm so happy for you :) If you need *any* help at all, no matter how small, please feel free to ask me anytime!! Have fun :)

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Thanks!! Be careful what you offer - I am the Queen of "taking you up on it"!

    I <3 the photography on your blog, btw - it's really beautiful.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Knittymuggins said…

    Hey, please *do*! I wouldn't offer if I didn't want to help ;) I may not have the skills you want though....

    Awwww....Thanks so much!! I try to take nice photos but I'm afraid I've still got a lot to learn :) But you just made my day! You're too sweet. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home