KnitChix

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Do you know the muffin man?

I recently weighed in on the Kelly Clarkson ab flab debate on The Manolo. For those of you not addicted to the site it goes something like this: No, Kelly Clarkson is not fat so don't hate me for criticizing her, but if you wear pants that are a size too small even if you are a size 2, you still end up with a jelly roll hanging over your low-riders.

I had to join in because it's a disease near and dear to my heart. Around here, it is an epidemic among girls under 20 - size 2 or size 22, they all want to squeeeeeze into pants that are one size smaller than their hips really are.

So what apppears today in my Bloglines? Validation that it really is the bad taste phenomenon sweeping the nation - and now it has a name: the Muffin Top. The New York Daily News defines it as " that unsightly roll of flesh that spills over the waist of a pair of too-tight pants, like a muffin bursting out of the pan." Amen.

My sisters - hear my plea - just buy the right size!!! You'll feel better - and believe me, you'll look better!! A size 8 that fits makes you look thinner than a size 6 you ooze out of. Fight the Muffin Top!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger Peggy said…

    I saw that on Manolo's blog and agree with the ones there who said she's perfectly healthy and normal and that's what a body should look like (apart from the too-tight clothing, of course). The term "muffin top" tickles my funny bone too much; it's such an accurate description.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    SHHH I have a "muffin top" but I'll be DAMNED if anyone sees it. BUT I have an excuse.....I'm still losing the baby weight and will not by new pants :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home