KnitChix

Monday, March 07, 2005

Finally back to knitting

What a relief - it's so therapeutic to sit back, knit and unwind on the couch with my hun-nee.

Started to do a mobius tube scarf in Amelie for my MIL's birthday - the opera scarf just wasn't working in this yarn. I did take Terby's suggestion and bought bamboo needles which worked so much better. Up watching late night TV to finish it... got through 2 skeins, and realized I needed a third to make it long enough. Got up early, went to Tall Mouse, and they were SOLD OUT! So I frogged it, and now I'm starting over to do a single layer scarf.

Had lunch (twice) with preggers Cyn. She is hating all of her maternity clothes, so I was thinking of knitting her a ballerina wrap style maternity top. But at the speed I knit, she'll deliver before I'm done. So maybe I'll sew one.

Finished the first of another set of Baby Uggs, also for Cyn. They knit up so quickly - I love it.

My MIL also warned me early that she is having a party for my niece, who is off to college this fall. We are all going to give her college-themed gifts, so she asked me to make her a hat and scarf in orange and black (she's off to princeton - I'm so proud of her, the stud!). I'm going to do the One Hour Hat (or a derivative thereof) and a matching scarf.

Also got the audiobook for March's Knit One Read Two - Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norell. Will pop that in my ears as soon as I'm done here.

I'm still working way too much, and my husband claims he's forgetting what I look like. I went out and bought a slow cooker this weekend, so I can stop feeding my family fast food every night. But still - books, knitting - I'm finally getting my personal life back!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Terby said…

    Hope things are going better. And I'm really glad my suggestion helped! I finished my Opera Scarf, but I don't really love it. I've never worn it, and it was less impressive when finished than I hoped.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home